Beaumont Buzz Home

get the buzz :: send the buzz :: ask the buzz

mini merchants :: things to do :: community :: wall of recommendations :: mama buzz :: churches :: buzzmail :: weddings

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Why I love Chick-A-Way.


Anyone else have a kid that refers to Chick-fil-A as Chick-A-Way?

I love the Dowlen Road Chick-fil-A. By saying that I'm not saying that I don't love the one at Parkdale Mall. It's just the one on Dowlen Road has a really, really clean play area for kids and shiny restrooms (reason #1).

They say "my pleasure" every time I thank them (reason #2). I drop a napkin, someone appears out of nowhere to pick it up. "Thank you." "My pleasure." When my hands are full, an apron clad employee is right behind me offering to get a high chair or "anything else you need." Bless that soul. Especially Ms. Kimberly. Ya'll know her? She swings by our table for a visit everytime we are there. When she first started visiting our table, I wasn't sure what to say because she says hi for a long time. But, I began to appreciate her as the familiar, friendly face that works at Chick-A-Way (reason #3).

If we choose fast food for a meal, the average cost for our family of 6 is near $25. TWENTY-FIVE dollars for fast, often greasy, food. Go to a sit down restaurant and we easily spend $35ish. So, on a busy week if we cave to fast food because we are hungry and we're hungry right now, our family will waste $50 or more a week on eating out.

On to reason #4 that I love Chick-fil-A... eating free-ish. At the Dowlen Road Chick-fil-A, we can eat free-ish, play inside, hand sanitize fifteen times when we are done, use restrooms that aren't gross, and be smiled at just because. Oh, and we get Cheerios if playtime for the big kids goes a little long for the baby (reason #5). Oh, last one- the little plastic table toppers that make me feel like super-health-mom-that-doesn't-let-her-kids-eat-off-the-table-like-she-probably-would-anywhere-else-and-feel-grossed-out-about-it (reason #6).

Here's ways to eat free-ish (or free if you aren't feeding 6 people!):
  •  Family night every Tuesday from 5-7 pm: Kids activities, free ice cream, buy one adult meal, get a kid's 4-nugget meal free
  • Mondays and Wednesdays, all day: Bring in Sunday or Wednesday's church bulletin and receive a FREE Original Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich or 8-count Chick-fil-A nugget! (THIS IS MY FAVORITE DEAL!!!!!!)
  • Toddler Time, Thursdays from 9-10 am: Every Thursday morning they offer a FREE 4-nugget Kid's Meal with the purchase of a breakfast or lunch combo meal. Every week there is a different craft or activity at the Kid's Table.
In case you are just dying to know, to feed myself and the kids on a church bulletin day, I spend about $3.55 on french fries and a drink to feed 5 people!!!

As much as I love Chick-fil-A, I do have one complaint. I always crave it on Sundays.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   June 2011   July 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   March 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Great Wall of Recommendations

   
     
     
 
Home :: Creative Advertising Opportunities :: About Us :: My Space :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Contact Us :: Site Map
Beaumont Buzz © 2009