Beaumont Buzz Home

get the buzz :: send the buzz :: ask the buzz

mini merchants :: things to do :: community :: wall of recommendations :: mama buzz :: churches :: buzzmail :: weddings

Monday, October 4, 2010

Buzz Business Review: Hadley's Furniture

In Southeast Texas, furniture shops are like churches. There's one on every corner. 

My husband and I recently were in the market for a new mattress. I didn't really know where to go since it's not every day that I shop for a mattress! I asked several friends for their recommendations and I heard "Hadley's" several times. So, to Hadley's we went! 

Hadley's had been advertising a "huge" mattress sale for Labor Day weekend, so we decided that would be the weekend we'd shop for our new dreamland. I did not, however, dream we'd shop for said mattress with our four we-love-to jump-on-mattresses-monkey-children! Since we had them with us, this is how the Hadley's experience went:

I walked into Hadley's alone (left husband and kids in the car). Was greeted by Hector, a sales associate, who promptly asked what I was looking for that day. I quickly told him about the mattress and that I had my husband/kids in the car. "Gotta make this quick," I informed him. Hector asked me a few questions about my sleeping habits and then showed me the mattresses that would do best according to my answers. I picked out four of my favorites, told Hector to remember them, and then left the store.

Sent in husband. Alone. 

Dear Hector remembered exactly what I picked out and gave the husband the rundown. Sent husband back outside.

Husband tells me which of the four he liked best, but tells me I can pick whichever one I wanted (see why I married him?!?!). 

I go back inside and, in true big-purchase-shopping fashion, freaked out a little and told Hector I needed to think about it. "No problem, here's my card," said Hector. 

All in all, we were there about 15 minutes. My kind of mattress shopping. By the end of the day I had decided 2 things:
  • I was gonna buy a mattress from Hadley's because the "huge" mattress sale was indeed huge and we couldn't pass up the great deal we were offered (which not only included a substantial discount, but also a free mattress cover and free delivery).
  • I heart Hector the Salesman. I said I was short on time. He was quick. I needed to be educated on the selection. He was informative. I needed a good deal. He gave me one. I didn't feel pressure to buy, but did because of the great service and prices!
The great customer service didn't stop with Hector. The delivery crew was helpful (moved the old mattress to the garage for us!), punctual, and courteous. 

Hadley's Furniture earned our business... give them a chance to earn yours, too! Now, there's only one more thing you need to hear from me... GOOD NIGHT!

Labels:


Comments:
I agree, I bought my first couch from Hadleys and they have superior customer service!
 
Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives

October 2009   November 2009   December 2009   January 2010   February 2010   March 2010   April 2010   May 2010   June 2010   July 2010   August 2010   September 2010   October 2010   November 2010   January 2011   February 2011   March 2011   June 2011   July 2011   September 2011   October 2011   March 2012   March 2013  

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]


Great Wall of Recommendations

   
     
     
 
Home :: Creative Advertising Opportunities :: About Us :: My Space :: Facebook :: Twitter :: Contact Us :: Site Map
Beaumont Buzz © 2009